verify security response

My phone has been stuck on [Verifying Security Response] for hours. Any ideas on how to remedy? I'm unable to turn off, restart, or unlock my phone.

Posted on May 9, 2023 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 6:51 AM

You can force-restart your phone. Depending on your iPhone model:

On an iPhone 8 or later and all SE generations:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP

then

• Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN

then

• Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

• On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 6:51 AM in response to steven111pr5801

You can force-restart your phone. Depending on your iPhone model:

On an iPhone 8 or later and all SE generations:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP

then

• Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN

then

• Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

• On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

verify security response

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.