Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Transfer all my files to a new Macbook air

Can I bring both computers to store to transfer to new computer - Macbook air?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 9, 2023 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 12:14 PM

often they can. But easier would be to get a data transfer cable to connect the computers.

Target Disk Mode lets you enable almost any Mac for data transfer.

Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

You just need the correct linking cable. If there isn't a common cable, connecting both computers on ethernet to each other with an ethernet adapter if the computer doesn't happen ethernet connector also works with the migration assistant. Please note your storage limitations of your destination machine may restrict the amount of data you can transfer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 12:14 PM in response to ralphqs

often they can. But easier would be to get a data transfer cable to connect the computers.

Target Disk Mode lets you enable almost any Mac for data transfer.

Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

You just need the correct linking cable. If there isn't a common cable, connecting both computers on ethernet to each other with an ethernet adapter if the computer doesn't happen ethernet connector also works with the migration assistant. Please note your storage limitations of your destination machine may restrict the amount of data you can transfer.

Transfer all my files to a new Macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.