Should I spend the additional $300 for 528 by storage on Mac air

Should I spend the additional $300 on a MacBook Air with 528 gb v 265?

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on May 9, 2023 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 1:03 PM

That's up to you. No one here can know your data use requirements.

If your workflows are predominantly text based. or online, then the 256GB might be ample.

If your workflows include lots of images and video that you need to have accessible (e.g you're a video editor), then the 512GB might not be enough.

If your workflow is mainly at your desk, with limited portability, you may find the built-in 256GB is sufficient, with additional near-line storage (e.g. a RAID array) at your home station.

So its only something you can answer, based on your expectations on how you'll be using the system.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 1:03 PM in response to Cujo123

That's up to you. No one here can know your data use requirements.

If your workflows are predominantly text based. or online, then the 256GB might be ample.

If your workflows include lots of images and video that you need to have accessible (e.g you're a video editor), then the 512GB might not be enough.

If your workflow is mainly at your desk, with limited portability, you may find the built-in 256GB is sufficient, with additional near-line storage (e.g. a RAID array) at your home station.

So its only something you can answer, based on your expectations on how you'll be using the system.

Should I spend the additional $300 for 528 by storage on Mac air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.