Lost iTunes Plays totals and playlists after Windows reset

I transferred my iTunes library to a new laptop succesfully a week or so ago, but a problem with another program required me to reset Windows 11. When I opened a newly downloaded iTunes version, I got a message about the itl file having been created on a newer version of iTunes and couldn't get into the program. I did a search for solutions and followed some instructions about renaming the itl as dot-old and then using a Previous iTunes Libraries file. That got me into iTunes, and I immediately was notified of a newer version available, which I downloaded. I wasn't seeing my library and tried the Add Folder to Library option, selecting my iTunes folder. That allowed the tracks and album names to show up in the Songs folder, but my playlists and the Plays totals are gone. Any help would be appreciated.

Windows

Posted on May 9, 2023 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 2:59 PM

I solved my own problem. I simply copied my itl file from my old laptop and copied it into the iTunes folder to replace the blank one that was created automatically.

Similar questions

1 reply

Lost iTunes Plays totals and playlists after Windows reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.