My Face ID is not working

My Face ID is not working on my I phone

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:27 PM

Hello,

Apple has several documents helping you with Face ID.

This document is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If you don't see a 'disabled' message but do have general issues with Face ID not working properly, explore the list of things to try in this document: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the first 8 don't solve the issue then use #9, contact Apple.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 7:27 PM in response to Eric Lakhiani

Hello,

Apple has several documents helping you with Face ID.

This document is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If you don't see a 'disabled' message but do have general issues with Face ID not working properly, explore the list of things to try in this document: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the first 8 don't solve the issue then use #9, contact Apple.

May 9, 2023 7:28 PM in response to Eric Lakhiani

"My Face ID is not working on my I phone"

-------

Troubleshooting Face ID:

A. Overview these Two Links:

No success?

B. Get this Diagnosed by Apple:

Apple might fix it free of charge, if found to be be faulty device. Set up a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. There, it will be looked at and you'll be provided with your options.

Jun 12, 2023 2:06 AM in response to Eric Lakhiani

My iPhone screen got a little wet. Nothing too serious. Then my Face ID stopped working. I read that if your portrait mode on the front camera doesn’t work anymore then it’s the true depth that’s the issue. This was months ago. So after a new update I decided to try again to fix it.

I read on another post that they turned the airplane mode on waited 30 secs turned the phone off for 30 seconds went straight to set up Face ID and it worked.

I read another one that said make sure the switch on the side is not on silent. And I read another one that said bang the top right corner of the phone with your hand. I tried the first 2 and it didn’t seem to work then I banged it with my hand 5-6 times and it worked.

Mine hasn’t been working for months. And idk which step fixed it or if it was a combination of steps. Hope this helps you too.

My Face ID is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.