Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to restore an accidentally deleted app to iPhone Home Screen?

I accidentally deleted a app off the second page of my home screen while rearranging the order of apps I’m not sure which app it was how can I find out @ get back in its spot

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on May 9, 2023 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2024 12:36 PM

Home4052 wrote:

Accidentally deleted my drive safe app

So, go ahead and follow the instructions given in this thread for how to restore the app.

63 replies

May 9, 2023 9:04 PM in response to Bburkeen

There is no recently deleted list for apps on the iPhone. You will have to determine which app it was. Once you have, then the deleted/removed app is probably still existing in the App Library. The App Library is the Last Home Screen when you continue to SWIPE LEFT (on the home screen) until you reach it. Once you are in the App Library, then you can try and locate the app and then TOUCH, HOLD and DRAG the app out of there and place it on to your favorite part of the Home Screen.

Axel F.

May 9, 2023 9:04 PM in response to Bburkeen

Bburkeen Sadi:

"Getting an accidentally deleted app back on my Home Screen I dk what app it was?: I accidentally deleted a app off the second page of my home screen while rearranging the order of apps I’m not sure which app it was how can I find out @ get back in its spot"

-------

Relocation Apps:

The iOS does not keep a record of prior apps.

Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has this app where is shouldd be (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for relocation purposes. Note that you can only restore to a backup of the same iOS version. Apple does not permit downgrading the iOSImportant: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out

Mar 28, 2024 9:21 AM in response to paul2143

Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app.
  3. Tap the Redownload button .
  4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home Screen.

Delete built-in Apple apps from your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

How to restore an accidentally deleted app to iPhone Home Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.