Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

No text in gmail when using safari

Anyone having an issue where the subject of emails is visible in gmail but when you open it there is no text?

Posted on May 10, 2023 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 2:48 AM

In gmail opened with Safari, I went into Settings (all settings), under the "General" Tab, and changed something which was not too important – I chose to change the Undo Send period to 30 seconds. Then I went to the bottom of the page and clicked "Save changes". When I returned to the inbox, I could open an email and see the text. I don't know why this worked, or if it will last.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2023 2:48 AM in response to davidfromnh

In gmail opened with Safari, I went into Settings (all settings), under the "General" Tab, and changed something which was not too important – I chose to change the Undo Send period to 30 seconds. Then I went to the bottom of the page and clicked "Save changes". When I returned to the inbox, I could open an email and see the text. I don't know why this worked, or if it will last.

May 11, 2023 10:52 AM in response to davidfromnh

A much easier solution indeed.

I clicked on "Safari" to access the drop-down menu, clicked on "Settings for mail.google.com", and then unchecked "enable content blocker". Gmail quickly reloaded and all worked well. That is until I logged off. When I logged on again, same problem of missing the text in the messages. So, I went back to "Settings for mail.google.com" and this time re-checked "enable content blocker", and the text all came back again after gmail reloaded.

Maybe I just have to uncheck or check this "enable content blocker" box each time I log on.

Alternatively, Chrome works.

Aug 16, 2023 12:46 AM in response to davidfromnh

I also have this issue. I assumed it was due to the adblocker I had installed in Safari, but even upon uninstalling the extension I still had the same problem. However, it seems it only affects the first e-mail I open during the "session" (I always quit Safari when I don't use it). The "solution" per session for me is just to reload the page. It's not too much of a hassle and all other e-mails I open display the full e-mail during that same session.

But yes, it's quite annoying and I don't have this issue in Firefox.

No text in gmail when using safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.