Why is PlayerLocationCheck attempting to enable geolocation on my MacBook Pro?

Why is PlayerLocationCheck attempting to install its supporting services to enable geolocation?

Is this safe?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on May 10, 2023 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 2:29 AM

A Fast General Search on the Internet comes up with a Shareware

Player Location Check by GeoComply is a software solution that enables online gaming sites to verify the location of their players with pinpoint accuracy. This technology is used to ensure that only players located within legal jurisdictions are allowed to participate in online gambling.

If above is what the User is talking about - I personally would be very cautious about downloading most Shareware.

The Source ion this download less than obvious and could have Un-Intended consequences including Malware and or Adware bundled in this download

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2023 2:29 AM in response to otis704

A Fast General Search on the Internet comes up with a Shareware

Player Location Check by GeoComply is a software solution that enables online gaming sites to verify the location of their players with pinpoint accuracy. This technology is used to ensure that only players located within legal jurisdictions are allowed to participate in online gambling.

If above is what the User is talking about - I personally would be very cautious about downloading most Shareware.

The Source ion this download less than obvious and could have Un-Intended consequences including Malware and or Adware bundled in this download

Why is PlayerLocationCheck attempting to enable geolocation on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.