AppleCustomer Care Email Scam

Hi, i would like to report an AppleCustomer Care Email Scam, saying I have made a purchased of a Apple 14 Pro Max. when i haven’t made i purchase through apple store myself.

I got confused and clicked the link to Visit Apple Support, however it looked odd so I didn’t enter my AppleID.

I immediately went into Apple website and tried to look for support. It connected to my biometrics, and thats how i knew the apple support that i clicked was a fake/scam, as it asked for my AppleID.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 10, 2023 7:56 PM

1 reply

May 14, 2023 7:54 AM in response to Pauwerpuff

Hey there, Pauwerpuff,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

We appreciate you sharing this information with the community here. These types of scams are known as phishing and they can definitely be tough to identify at times. Although it sounds like you handled this one really well, we do want to share some additional information with you as well just in case you need it going forward. This article has a ton of really good information on phishing and how you can avoid that type of scam, as well as what you can do if you encounter one again down the road: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

We hope that this information is helpful.

​Have a great day!

AppleCustomer Care Email Scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.