Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Calendar Timezone Changes

I use the iPhone calendar app on my phone and on my mac, i use microsoft outlook

However, when I make an event in my phone and look at it on the Microsoft Outlook app, the timezone of the event automatically becomes UTC (coordinated universal time). On my mac, I have to "reset" the timezone back to Perth time (where I live) and it then causes the appointment time to change...

I've checked the location, location override, calendar, and date/time settings both on my phone, mac, and even in the microsoft outlook calendar and can't seem to find out what is going wrong. I've also reset the location settings on my iPhone. Has anyone else had this problem, too? And any solutions?

iPhone 14

Posted on May 10, 2023 10:07 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 11, 2023 1:57 AM in response to PinkSushi

Add calendar events in other time zones on iCloud.com

By default, your calendars and their events use the time zone set in Preferences on iCloud.com. You can create events and view calendars in other time zones by turning on time zone support in Calendar on iCloud.com. This is useful, for example, if you are travelling and want to schedule events according to the time zones in which they occur.

If you change your iCloud.com time zone while time zone support is on, the times of your calendar’s events change to the new time zone. If time zone support is off, the times continue to appear in their original time zone.

Note: Changes you make to the time zone appear on every device with Calendars turned on in iCloud settingsand time zone support turned on. Time zone support must be turned on individually for each device.

1. In Calendar on iCloud.com, click  in the bottom left-hand corner, then choose Settings.
  2. In the Advanced pane, select “Enable time zone support”, then click Save.

May 11, 2023 1:50 AM in response to PinkSushi

There are two possibilities.

Scenario 1: Having a Video Conferencing

No matter where you create an event, everyone will see it in their own time zone. For example, you create a calendar event for 9 AM PDT. Clients in CDT will see the meeting time to be at 11 AM and Clients in India will join at 9:30 PM

Scenario 2: The organiser is travelling alone to CDT his team will remain in PDT.

The organiser needs to create the Calendar Event by changing and setting the Time Zone Manually to CDT and create the event. After the event is created and invitations are sent. The organiser's team will see the meeting time as 7 AM because they are in PDT. When you check your calendar it will show the event scheduled in for you as 9 AM. Because your device is set to CDT. If you set your Time zone to automatic now then it will show to you as the meeting scheduled at 7 AM.

In order for the organiser to reach CDT timely, he needs to set the Time Zone to Automatic.

To make life easier, iCloud has a feature called Time Zone support. Use this only for Scenario 2 and not for Scenario 1.

Note: Changes you make to the time zone appear on every device with Calendars turned on in iCloud settings and time zone support turned on. Time zone support must be turned on individually for each device.

When time zone support is on, you can choose any time zone from the Time Zone pop-up menu when you create an event.

Alternatively, use Floating Time Zone in the iCloud Calendar using https://www.icloud.com/calendar/. This means that it automatically detects time zone differences. This also means it doesn't change everything-up as you travel.

Calendar Timezone Changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.