Apple Watch

i bought a Apple Watch from someone & it says activation lock & it has someone else gmail & I don’t know how to take it off & that other person didn’t take it off & i have no contact with that person .

Posted on May 10, 2023 9:17 PM

4 replies

May 22, 2023 6:15 AM in response to perezz_alondraa

If you've purchased an Apple Watch that has an activation lock tied to someone else's Gmail account, it means that the previous owner did not properly remove the device from their iCloud account. Activation Lock is a security feature designed to prevent unauthorized use of an Apple device in case of loss or theft.

To resolve this issue, you have a few options:

1. Contact the previous owner: If possible, try to reach out to the person you bought the Apple Watch from and ask them to remove the device from their iCloud account. They will need to follow the steps to remove it properly.

2. Apple Support: If you are unable to contact the previous owner or they are unresponsive, you can reach out to Apple Support for assistance. Provide them with the necessary details and proof of purchase, and they may be able to help you unlock the device.

3. Proof of Purchase: If you have a valid proof of purchase, you can visit an Apple Store or authorized service provider and explain the situation. They might be able to assist you in removing the activation lock.

It's important to note that removing the activation lock without the previous owner's cooperation or proof of purchase is considered unauthorized and may violate Apple's terms of service. It's always best to try to contact the original owner or seek assistance from Apple directly.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.