new apple watch wont pair with iphone

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on May 11, 2023 2:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 3:07 AM

You say "new". If it is a used watch new to you, come back for more advice if you are having Apple ID problems.

Trouble Pairing, or set up Watch

First check you have no other sports watches like Fitbit that are paired to your iPhone  

Then force restart the watch. i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while the watch is restarting Force Restart the iphone  

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK) 

Make sure you have no VPN or VPN based adblocker in the iphone in Settings, General, VPN & Device Management.

Try again to pair the Watch. 

Then I recommend reviewing the steps in the articles below 

If you see “Unable to Verify Update” when updating Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

If you can't pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone - Apple Support  If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2023 3:07 AM in response to eoin163

You say "new". If it is a used watch new to you, come back for more advice if you are having Apple ID problems.

Trouble Pairing, or set up Watch

First check you have no other sports watches like Fitbit that are paired to your iPhone  

Then force restart the watch. i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while the watch is restarting Force Restart the iphone  

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK) 

Make sure you have no VPN or VPN based adblocker in the iphone in Settings, General, VPN & Device Management.

Try again to pair the Watch. 

Then I recommend reviewing the steps in the articles below 

If you see “Unable to Verify Update” when updating Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

If you can't pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone - Apple Support  If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.