Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to increase Group text message limit to 25 per group

How to increase the group text message limit to more than 20 users on iphone? All the users on other end are Android devices

Posted on May 11, 2023 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2024 11:29 AM

Any chance this will increase . Why is it limited ?

10 replies

May 11, 2023 10:23 AM in response to ronak135

Below are the Group Text message contact limits

When every contact is using Apple iMessages (blue bubbles) the group is limited to 32.

When you have some contacts using SMS (green bubbles) in the group then the limit is 20. This group SMS limit is set by your carrier. Please contact your carrier about the Group SMS Text message limits.

Axel F.

Dec 26, 2023 8:41 AM in response to maggalene

Below are the Group Text message contact limits

When every contact is using Apple iMessages (blue bubbles) the group is limited to 32.

When you have some contacts using SMS (green bubbles) in the group then the limit is 20. This group SMS limit is set by your carrier. Please contact your carrier about the Group SMS Text message limits.

Axel F.

May 4, 2024 9:05 AM in response to rethafromvegas

rethafromvegas wrote:

Verizon said this morning that it is NOT them that sets the sms limit but Apple software-I am on with Apple tech right now and she is having trouble finding out and says the sms limit is 10-which I know isn’t right because I have a group sms more then 10 .

Carriers NOTORIOUSLY play the BLAME GAME. They do indeed limit the number of people you can have in a group text. Apple has NOTHING to do with it. Carries provide SMS/MMS messaging, NOT Apple. Carrier personnel are often poorly trained and informed.

How to increase Group text message limit to 25 per group

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.