Apple iTunes

What is iTunes and why am I being billed weekly for it. I do not use iTunes. I do not intend to use iTunes. How do I reach someone to have them remove the weekly fee?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 11, 2023 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 10:15 AM

Hello technoissues!

To learn about what iTunes is, you might want to read this: iTunes - Apple

You can also Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support.

I also found a helpful reply by Limnos in another thread. Considering the thread has seventy four pages, I shall extract the reply and paste it here for you to read, so you don’t have to find it. Note: Some irrelevant info (to your case) relating to phishing emails, etc. has been left out:

“See your purchase history in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC - View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services - Apple Support - Does not include purchases made by others under Family Sharing; those have to be checked from their accounts.

If you see ‘itunes.com/bill‘ or an unfamiliar charge on your bank, credit card, or debit statement - If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support - "Before you contact Apple to request a refund for a charge you don't recognize"...

If neither you nor a family member (if applicable) has a record of this purchase and you only saw it on a statement for a credit card you alone control, contact your bank or card company about card fraud. Apple does not handle that.

If you recognize this purchase and are asking for a refund then realize Apple's terms of purchase in the USA are, "All Transactions are final" (Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple), but some countries have different laws so check terms for your country at: Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple. If sales are final then it is Apple's decision if they want to grant a refund. You can always ask, and people do get refunds on a case by case basis, but Apple can also say no.

Get help with an item purchased from the App Store, iTunes Store, or iBooks Store - Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Report a Problem - http://reportaproblem.apple.com - "Sign In for help with iTunes purchases made in the last 90 days"

Other ways to contact iTunes Support:

Contact - Official Apple Support

Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

PS: Thanks to Limnos for this very helpful write-up!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2023 10:15 AM in response to technoissues

Hello technoissues!

To learn about what iTunes is, you might want to read this: iTunes - Apple

You can also Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support.

I also found a helpful reply by Limnos in another thread. Considering the thread has seventy four pages, I shall extract the reply and paste it here for you to read, so you don’t have to find it. Note: Some irrelevant info (to your case) relating to phishing emails, etc. has been left out:

“See your purchase history in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC - View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services - Apple Support - Does not include purchases made by others under Family Sharing; those have to be checked from their accounts.

If you see ‘itunes.com/bill‘ or an unfamiliar charge on your bank, credit card, or debit statement - If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support - "Before you contact Apple to request a refund for a charge you don't recognize"...

If neither you nor a family member (if applicable) has a record of this purchase and you only saw it on a statement for a credit card you alone control, contact your bank or card company about card fraud. Apple does not handle that.

If you recognize this purchase and are asking for a refund then realize Apple's terms of purchase in the USA are, "All Transactions are final" (Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple), but some countries have different laws so check terms for your country at: Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple. If sales are final then it is Apple's decision if they want to grant a refund. You can always ask, and people do get refunds on a case by case basis, but Apple can also say no.

Get help with an item purchased from the App Store, iTunes Store, or iBooks Store - Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Report a Problem - http://reportaproblem.apple.com - "Sign In for help with iTunes purchases made in the last 90 days"

Other ways to contact iTunes Support:

Contact - Official Apple Support

Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

PS: Thanks to Limnos for this very helpful write-up!

Apple iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.