You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Workout app on Apple Watch is missing!

After the update last night, the Workout app on my watch disappeared and I don't see it in the App Store to reinstall. Restarted watch and phone. Please advise.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on May 11, 2023 2:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2024 2:38 PM

I am not seeing the Workout app in the App Store at all.

It is on my phone but only on my Apple Watch settings, showing as if it should be on my watch. But isn't. Anyone have any thoughts or solutions? I've called apple and they were useless.

51 replies

Jan 23, 2024 2:50 PM in response to Judith LFR

This was driving me crazy for weeks and all of the answers on the internet seem to be, “just download it from the App Store.” Cool, thanks, can’t find it on the watch store though. But I finally got it:

1. Find the workout app on your iPhone App Store. It will tell you that it can only be downloaded on the watch.
  2. Click the share icon
  3. Send the link to yourself in a text message
  4. Open your messages on your watch and click the link
  5. It should open the App Store on your watch and voilà, the workout app.

May 11, 2023 2:22 PM in response to Judith LFR

This worked for another user with exactly the same problem Unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

See:

How do I reload the workout app on my wat… - Apple Community

Mar 17, 2024 1:28 PM in response to Judith LFR

I had the same problem, although the watch was still collecting and sending the data to the phones fitness app. What I did was, on the watch, open the App Store then search for the workout fitness app, I had to scroll down a bit passed all the other workout apps, you will see the familiar coloured circles, then just click the cloud icon to re-download it.

Sep 23, 2024 6:00 PM in response to Twilite2000

I couldn’t find the app anywhere in the App Store, even by searching, but once you finally do find it in the App Store (using that link, recopied here for convenience)https://apps.apple.com/us/app/workout/id1584215851 , it says it’s only for Apple Watch so email it to yourself. AND THEN… use your Apple Watch to open the link in the email that you sent yourself which does download it back to your watch.

Sep 6, 2024 10:10 PM in response to Judith LFR

Late response but saw no solution so I’m writing it here. I had the same issue where my Apple Watch settings said it was installed but I couldn’t find it at all.

Fixed it by sending the link of the workout app through messages from my iPhone and opened it on my watch.

Ended up directing me to the App Store and I re-downloaded the app and now it appears. Hope this helps!

Jul 22, 2024 7:24 PM in response to Twilite2000

Thank you for sharing this link https://apps.apple.com/us/app/workout/id1584215851. Its easier to open the link on you apple watch by copying the link above into a message on your iPhone that you send to yourself. Open the message on your apple watch. This will bring you to the app store where you can download the app onto your watch.

Or you can simple open the app store on your watch type or speak the workout app and download.

Workout app on Apple Watch is missing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.