Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How do I stop the flood of spam I receive via email on my ipad

How do I stop the flood of spam I receive via outlook email

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 11, 2023 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 9:19 AM

Sadly, if your email address is being used as a target for spam, there is little that you can do to stop it; anyone that has your email address can send email to to. Instead you have to “manage” it…

First, be wary of any “unsubscribe” links that may be embedded in the email messages. For the most part, unless the unsolicited email is from a reputable advertiser, the unsubscribe link will not stop the messages. Instead, clicking the link will simply confirm to the spammer that the email address is monitored by a warm-blooded victim - and more spam and unwanted content is likely to come your way.

For unsolicited email, you can use the native blocking feature of iOS/iPadOS to automatically block/delete unwanted email from a sender - although this will only be effective for spam that arrives from a consistent email address:

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Where the spam email is using “spoofed” email sender addresses, your block-list will be ineffective.

The best advice is to avoid becoming a victim. Be careful where you use your email address to subscribe to services. Perhaps keep a secondary address just for this purpose - or, if you have updated to iOS/iPadOS15.1 or later, consider using Apple’s new Hide My Email facility:

What is Hide My Email? - Apple Support

Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices – Apple Support

Again, this new feature cannot stop everything, but is another way to reduce the likelihood of receiving and managing email and messaging spam. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2023 9:19 AM in response to Horrockschez

Sadly, if your email address is being used as a target for spam, there is little that you can do to stop it; anyone that has your email address can send email to to. Instead you have to “manage” it…

First, be wary of any “unsubscribe” links that may be embedded in the email messages. For the most part, unless the unsolicited email is from a reputable advertiser, the unsubscribe link will not stop the messages. Instead, clicking the link will simply confirm to the spammer that the email address is monitored by a warm-blooded victim - and more spam and unwanted content is likely to come your way.

For unsolicited email, you can use the native blocking feature of iOS/iPadOS to automatically block/delete unwanted email from a sender - although this will only be effective for spam that arrives from a consistent email address:

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Where the spam email is using “spoofed” email sender addresses, your block-list will be ineffective.

The best advice is to avoid becoming a victim. Be careful where you use your email address to subscribe to services. Perhaps keep a secondary address just for this purpose - or, if you have updated to iOS/iPadOS15.1 or later, consider using Apple’s new Hide My Email facility:

What is Hide My Email? - Apple Support

Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices – Apple Support

Again, this new feature cannot stop everything, but is another way to reduce the likelihood of receiving and managing email and messaging spam. 

How do I stop the flood of spam I receive via email on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.