Mac recovery mode

I went to open my computer and it’s in recovery mode. I’m so lost this has never happened and I have no clue what to do. I followed the directions on the screen but I have no idea what I’m looking at. Can anyone help please?

Posted on May 11, 2023 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 8:12 PM

Candig23 Said:

"Mac recovery mode: I went to open my computer and it’s in recovery mode. I’m so lost this has never happened and I have no clue what to do. I followed the directions on the screen but I have no idea what I’m looking at. Can anyone help please?"

-------

Booting in Recovery Mode Unexpectedly:

Were you installing an update? If so, it may have gotten stuck. So, what happens when you restart thing the Apple button on the top-left corner of your screen? Does it boot up normally?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2023 8:12 PM in response to Candig23

Candig23 Said:

"Mac recovery mode: I went to open my computer and it’s in recovery mode. I’m so lost this has never happened and I have no clue what to do. I followed the directions on the screen but I have no idea what I’m looking at. Can anyone help please?"

-------

Booting in Recovery Mode Unexpectedly:

Were you installing an update? If so, it may have gotten stuck. So, what happens when you restart thing the Apple button on the top-left corner of your screen? Does it boot up normally?

May 11, 2023 8:34 PM in response to Candig23

Candig23 Said:

"Hello, no I was not installing an update. I closed the computer then opened it about 3 hours later and it was in recovery mode. When I restart it, it goes to the recovery page with recovery options."

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Mac recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.