All other products access wifi but my ipad only recognised only 1 wifi network which is not my one it only sees 1 took to other premises and picket it so why is my wifi at home not coming up

My ipad is not showing my wifi to connect to it does not show it should only1 wich is not mine wifi works fine with other items

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on May 12, 2023 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 8:35 AM

Start with basic WiFi troubleshooting - as detailed here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Consider that your Router, to which you are attempting to connect, may be configured to require support for security features that are not supported by older versions of iOS - such as your iPad2. If you have an older iPad and your router is configured for WPA3 or WPA3/WPA2 mixed authentication, you will need to change this to WPA2 PSK(AES). Newer models of iPad support WPA3.

Some Mesh WiFi Routers are known to be troublesome in some circumstances.

If your WiFi has been set-up according to Apple’s recommended settings, WiFi and Internet connection difficulties are usually an indication that your device does not have a routable IP Address - your IP Address usually being assigned by DHCP. When this occurs, your iPad may only have a self-assigned link-local IP address that begins 169.254.x.x.

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP - and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for the WiFi network/hotspot to which you are attempting to connect. The resolution is usually simple; if installed, you may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2023 8:35 AM in response to Sam1922

Start with basic WiFi troubleshooting - as detailed here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Consider that your Router, to which you are attempting to connect, may be configured to require support for security features that are not supported by older versions of iOS - such as your iPad2. If you have an older iPad and your router is configured for WPA3 or WPA3/WPA2 mixed authentication, you will need to change this to WPA2 PSK(AES). Newer models of iPad support WPA3.

Some Mesh WiFi Routers are known to be troublesome in some circumstances.

If your WiFi has been set-up according to Apple’s recommended settings, WiFi and Internet connection difficulties are usually an indication that your device does not have a routable IP Address - your IP Address usually being assigned by DHCP. When this occurs, your iPad may only have a self-assigned link-local IP address that begins 169.254.x.x.

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP - and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for the WiFi network/hotspot to which you are attempting to connect. The resolution is usually simple; if installed, you may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

May 12, 2023 6:15 AM in response to Sam1922

When your iPad fails to display your home Wi-Fi network while other devices can successfully connect, there are several potential reasons for this behavior. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve the problem:

1. Restart your iPad and Wi-Fi router. Begin by restarting both your iPad and the Wi-Fi router. This simple action can often resolve temporary connectivity issues. Power off your iPad, wait for a few moments, and then power it back on. Next, locate your Wi-Fi router, disconnect its power supply, wait for approximately 10 seconds, and reconnect the power.
  2. Check Wi-Fi signal strength. Ensure that your iPad is within range of your home Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi signals can weaken over distance, so moving closer to your router can help improve connectivity. Additionally, check for any physical obstructions that may be blocking the signal, such as walls or large objects, and try repositioning your router if necessary.
  3. Verify Wi-Fi network settings. Make sure that your home Wi-Fi network is broadcasting its SSID (network name). Sometimes, router settings may inadvertently hide the network's visibility. Access your Wi-Fi router's settings through a web browser on a connected device, and ensure that the SSID is set to be visible or broadcast.
  4. Forget and reconnect to the network. On your iPad, navigate to Settings > Wi-Fi. Locate your home Wi-Fi network in the list of available networks and tap on the (i) icon next to it. Then, select "Forget This Network" and confirm your choice. Afterward, reconnect to your Wi-Fi network by selecting it from the list and entering the correct password.
  5. Reset network settings. If the issue persists, resetting the network settings on your iPad can often resolve complex Wi-Fi connectivity problems. Go to Settings > General > Reset, and choose "Reset Network Settings." Keep in mind that this action will remove all saved Wi-Fi networks, so you will need to re-enter the passwords for previously connected networks.
  6. Contact your internet service provider. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is advisable to contact your internet service provider (ISP) for further assistance. They can help verify the settings and ensure that your home Wi-Fi network is functioning correctly.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the problem of your iPad not recognizing your home Wi-Fi network. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out for additional assistance.

All other products access wifi but my ipad only recognised only 1 wifi network which is not my one it only sees 1 took to other premises and picket it so why is my wifi at home not coming up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.