Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Can't get my whole library back on apple music after re upping my subscription??

Hey there I had my apple music subscription expire through my family plan head which was my mom and I went ahead and purchased a family subscription so my cousin and I could continue using our apple music and when I went to go to my playlists everything was gone! I tried to sync it again but it loads forever and doesn't put any songs back, oddly though 2 playlist names show but with no songs. The same thing is happening for my cousin.

I tried several things such as turning off sync and turning it back on, force closing the app, restarting my phone, logging into itunes on my Windows PC and it showed all my playlists there for a moment and then all disappeared and started giving me a error stating "Genius results can't be updated because the itunes store doesn't recognize your library".

Is the issue stemming from me purchasing the subscription on my account despite us all still being on the family and using a family plan? If so that's ridiculously short sighted considering it deleted thousands of songs off worth of playlists and now I can't access them.

Is there anything I can do?

iPhone 11

Posted on May 12, 2023 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 12:06 PM

Hey there I had my apple music subscription expire

In the legal documents: Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple you will find, "When your Paid Subscription to any Service ends, you will lose access to any functionality or Content of that Service that requires a Paid Subscription."

That means if you let it expire and nobody in the family has coverage that includes you, then your data are deleted.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2023 12:06 PM in response to ZiorTheLior

Hey there I had my apple music subscription expire

In the legal documents: Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple you will find, "When your Paid Subscription to any Service ends, you will lose access to any functionality or Content of that Service that requires a Paid Subscription."

That means if you let it expire and nobody in the family has coverage that includes you, then your data are deleted.

Jun 14, 2023 8:14 PM in response to ZiorTheLior

Yeah it is so infuriating! It used to be that hey kept your library for 6 months. That's why I just subscribed after 4 months not subscribing. Thousands of songs just gone! Over 10 years of collecting great music. Thankfully I used a sync service to sync my library so now I can move it to Spotify. Apple does this so you can't leave for even a day. This is how they are keeping people from moving to Spotify I guess. But this is why I'm moving to Spotify. **** with their lossless crap. They refuse to understand how much is lost when a library is deleted and they don't even warn you about it.

Can't get my whole library back on apple music after re upping my subscription??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.