Why don’t I have stage manager in my iPad?

My iPad is a 9th gen running iOS 16.4.1. I’m watching a YouTube vid that talks about Stage Manager, yet I can’t find it in my settings app.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 12, 2023 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 2:33 PM

Due to limitations of internal hardware, the new Stage Manager feature introduced with iPadOS 16.1 is only available for these models of iPad:

• iPad Air (5th generation)
  • iPad Pro 11-inch (all generations)
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later)

Feature availability is usually limited by system hardware - CPU and available RAM being critical to some advanced functionality.

iPad models supporting Stage Manager have an M2, M1 or A12X CPU (upon which the M-series CPUs are reportedly based) - with at least 8GB RAM. The iPad Air4 has only 4GB RAM.

Whether or not a functionally limited version of Stage Manager, compatible with models of iPad that do not meet the current hardware requirements, will ever be released is unknown.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2023 2:33 PM in response to John the Greek

Due to limitations of internal hardware, the new Stage Manager feature introduced with iPadOS 16.1 is only available for these models of iPad:

• iPad Air (5th generation)
  • iPad Pro 11-inch (all generations)
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later)

Feature availability is usually limited by system hardware - CPU and available RAM being critical to some advanced functionality.

iPad models supporting Stage Manager have an M2, M1 or A12X CPU (upon which the M-series CPUs are reportedly based) - with at least 8GB RAM. The iPad Air4 has only 4GB RAM.

Whether or not a functionally limited version of Stage Manager, compatible with models of iPad that do not meet the current hardware requirements, will ever be released is unknown.

Why don’t I have stage manager in my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.