Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Apple Watch not connecting to gym equipment

Apple Watch running latest update won’t connect to gym equipment

just comes up with waiting and never connects. It was working before this update

i have toggled on and off secrecy gym equipment in work out settings. Ensured in fitness / health that it’s connected. And restarted my watch

how do I fix this

Posted on May 12, 2023 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2024 6:13 AM

It was working yesterday at the gym, came home, the update installed and went to gym this morning - now won't connect. Tried what was mentioned above.Apple you broke this now fix it. do not shove this off to the gym equipment.

10 replies

May 24, 2024 6:27 PM in response to g021371

Yup same. Update to 10.5 last night it paired to the PF equipment yesterday today it won’t pair to anything I am ****** obviously it’s not the gyms equipment unless they magically replaced all 200 something machines with identical broken stuff overnight it’s Apple but they won’t acknowledge that any time soon so we’re just screwed…tried all their fix it “tricks” nothing works 🤷🏼‍♀️

Jun 12, 2024 11:21 AM in response to Janellemcc

Same here. My watch worked with the Matrix treadmills at the gym 90 percent of the time before updating to 10.5. Now, the treadmill will beep, but nothing connects. I have restarted the watch, toggled detect gym equipment, restarted the treadmill. Also is happening on at least 3 other watches that I know of after updating. Series 7, 6 and SE.

Jun 11, 2024 3:42 AM in response to Missy5937

I have the same issue. It says it’s connecting, but then the watch just flips back to whatever screen it was on. I followed the instructions here from Apple and tried to reconnect—doesn’t work. I tried moving to another piece of equipment. Still doesn’t connect. To ask everyone to tell their gyms to update the firmware in their equipment is ridiculous. Apple, please patch this ASAP on the watch itself!

May 15, 2023 5:24 PM in response to Janellemcc

Hello Janellemcc,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We're happy to look into this with you.

It sounds as though you've tried all the recommended actions that can be done specific to your Apple Watch as outlined here: Use AirPods and other Bluetooth accessories with Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Get help

If you can’t connect your Bluetooth accessory or it won’t reconnect:

1. If you see Airplane on your watch face, Airplane Mode is on. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > Airplane Mode, then turn it off. 
2. Make sure your accessory is fully charged and powered on.
3. If you see the accessory in Settings > Bluetooth on Apple Watch, but you can’t connect, use the steps above to unpair the accessory.
4. Try to pair the accessory again.

If you need help connecting or using a Bluetooth accessory with your Apple Watch, contact the manufacturer.

If the actions from the article above haven't corrected the issue, it's possible the equipment you're using needs a firmware update to make it compatible with the watchOS. It's recommended that you speak with either the workout equipment manufacturer or the gym staff for assistance.

Best regards.

Apple Watch not connecting to gym equipment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.