Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Anyone know how to disable the step counter on Watch, please?

I'm unable to walk, but my watch still records me doing a lot of steps every day. I set my profile up as a wheelchair user in the Health app in the hope that it would stop this, but nope, I'm still apparently going for runs. I can't even self propel, I use an electric powerchair; I think it's recording my rather jerky arm movements.

It would be funny if it weren't for the fact that many disabled people rely on social benefits or insurance. For Apple to allow data to be presented in ways that bear no relation to reality, without any understanding that it could have life-ruining consequences if it were accessed by the wrong agency is just ... well, ineffably stupid. Being interviewed under police caution for fraud, losing your whole income during an aggressive, months-long investigation, and risking losing your housing as well isn't funny at all.

I wouldn't mind if there was an easy and complete opt-out, but as it's not obvious how to stop it, I'd be grateful for advice. Thank you!

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on May 12, 2023 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 2:57 PM

iPhone, Watch app, My Watch tab, Privacy

Turn off Fitness Tracking.

If you still want the rest of fitness tracking you cannot just turn off steps

5 replies

Anyone know how to disable the step counter on Watch, please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.