📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mouse Delay and Excessive Smoothing

Recently became a keyboard and mouse user on my 9th gen iPad, the delay time has to be around 1024ms it’s truly noticeable and almost unusable. The settings Apple has provided to the iPad (iOS 16) do not contribute to the inputs delay or movement linearity. Upon plugging the same KBM into my computer it works with little to no delay. Frankly surprised this hasn’t become a larger issue yet, please make the iPad’s mouse functionality fluid, responsive and NO acceleration. Us zoomers come from playing Fortnite on decked out desktops at over nine thousand FPS; we respectfully and not too seriously demand precise and lag free interactions with our device.

I appreciate your time,

DX-7

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on May 12, 2023 6:42 PM

2 replies

May 13, 2023 5:45 AM in response to DX-7

DX-7 wrote:

Us zoomers come from playing Fortnite on decked out desktops at over nine thousand FPS; we respectfully and not too seriously demand precise and lag free interactions with our device.
I appreciate your time,

DX-7

You might want to reconsider your figures…

The very best monitors (and commercially available games) will be working at 90-120fps - not 9000fps.

iPad Mouse Delay and Excessive Smoothing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.