Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

MacBook Pro M1 HDMI to HDMI or USB C to HDMI outputting stuttered sound on TV

Please advise if anyone is still having this issue , I just discovered today on my MacBook Pro M1 14" running Ventura Version 13.2.1 (22D68)

Thanks

Posted on May 12, 2023 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 2:27 PM

I had this issue with my MacBook Air M1 yesterday. Seems to be a software issue. There is a temporary fix. (MacBook Pro M1 2020 Skipping Video/Audio … - Apple Community)

1. Connect Macbook to the external monitor/tv with HDMI.
  2. Set external sound to the monitor/tv.
  3. Restart the computer.

Yes, you have to do this every time you want to use the HDMI until a software update in the future fixes this.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2023 2:27 PM in response to karimWV

I had this issue with my MacBook Air M1 yesterday. Seems to be a software issue. There is a temporary fix. (MacBook Pro M1 2020 Skipping Video/Audio … - Apple Community)

1. Connect Macbook to the external monitor/tv with HDMI.
  2. Set external sound to the monitor/tv.
  3. Restart the computer.

Yes, you have to do this every time you want to use the HDMI until a software update in the future fixes this.

Apr 18, 2024 9:46 AM in response to karimWV

I have a Macbook Pro M1 running Sonoma 14.4.1. I have used this for over a year with a tv via HDMI with no issues. In the past two days, the audio glitches dramatically, skipping ahead several seconds relative to the corresponding video. Eventually the audio cuts out and the video may speed up unbidden (to catch up?) or otherwise glitch out. Videos play fine on the laptop itself and when casting video wirelessly - they only glitch when played to a TV via HDMI.

MacBook Pro M1 HDMI to HDMI or USB C to HDMI outputting stuttered sound on TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.