detect and block iPhone spam calls and texts

How detect and block all iPhone spam calls and texts?

iPhone 12

Posted on May 13, 2023 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 7:35 AM

You cannot block all spam because the spammers keep changing their email addresses and phone numbers. You can follow the tips in the link above. You have an older iPhone but you can still use my personal way of dealing with spam. It’s tedious but helps in the long run.

• Phone calls - block each number when it comes in then Delete the call in the Recent folder.
  • Text messages - Block the number then move the text to Junk or mark it with Report Junk, depending on your iPhone.
  • Block Sender Options - Select Settings > Mail > Blocked Sender Options. Set that to Move to Trash.

This is not a perfect process because the senders are smart. But I can say from my experience, it took a lot of work at the start but it has greatly reduced the amount of spam in my Inbox. Good luck.

P.S. You don’t mention the iOS on your iPhone but please make sure you are updated to the current version.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 7:35 AM in response to laurence113

You cannot block all spam because the spammers keep changing their email addresses and phone numbers. You can follow the tips in the link above. You have an older iPhone but you can still use my personal way of dealing with spam. It’s tedious but helps in the long run.

• Phone calls - block each number when it comes in then Delete the call in the Recent folder.
  • Text messages - Block the number then move the text to Junk or mark it with Report Junk, depending on your iPhone.
  • Block Sender Options - Select Settings > Mail > Blocked Sender Options. Set that to Move to Trash.

This is not a perfect process because the senders are smart. But I can say from my experience, it took a lot of work at the start but it has greatly reduced the amount of spam in my Inbox. Good luck.

P.S. You don’t mention the iOS on your iPhone but please make sure you are updated to the current version.

Apr 2, 2024 10:53 AM in response to laurence113

Yes, I have always blocked each individual “Spam-Phishing “ phone number or email address in the way you mentioned .

But over this last weekend I received one of those Obviously Fake callers and when I told them to stop calling they flooded me with over 500 spam numbers and emails to my iPhone 13.

I had no other choice but to contact T Mobile and CANCEL my former cell number and immediately get a New number; the spam continued all through my call with T-Mobile and ended at 550 by the time I was switched over .

my old number is on the dark web ( as is my old AOL account) from a year ago when someone called T-Mobile posing as me and had my number forwarded to theirs, this allowed them to then request a password change on my COINBASE and BANK accounts, locking me out. They blocked Alerts from my Financial institutions and T-Mobile, they then withdrew 2k from my bank and depleted my COINBASE holdings .

Q1). Is there a way “Block and Delete “ these Fake numbers/email addresses in MASS rather than having to do one at a time?

Q2) *This Q may be for a Tax Attorney …

is there a way to “At least write off the last known valve of my COINBASE on the day it was stolen in 2023?

COINBASE is not much help and only seems to want to help me if I pay them the associated “transaction fees” that the perpetrator racked up as they transferred all of my holding to their accounts and changed my password thus cutting me off from accessing my account.

Thanks,

“ViolaTED”

detect and block iPhone spam calls and texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.