How to clean sticky "space bar" key on my keyboard?

Is there any way I can remove spacebar by myself or I need to go in authorised Apple service?

Few of keys on my keyboard are sticky after some juice found way to them and when I called authorised service they said no cleaning is possible. That sounds a bit strange to me.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 13, 2023 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 9:16 AM

There is the physical cleaning with a warm, slightly damp cloth, and then there is the inevitable and protracted acid damage from the liquid spill onto the keyboard and underlying circuitry. The latter you should schedule with the nearest Apple Store, or Apple Authorized Service center and get an estimate regarding keyboard replacement.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 9:16 AM in response to vibeec

There is the physical cleaning with a warm, slightly damp cloth, and then there is the inevitable and protracted acid damage from the liquid spill onto the keyboard and underlying circuitry. The latter you should schedule with the nearest Apple Store, or Apple Authorized Service center and get an estimate regarding keyboard replacement.

How to clean sticky "space bar" key on my keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.