Reliable FTP client for macOS Mojave

I need recommendations for a reliable ftp client that I can use on my 21.5 inch, late 2012 iMac, running version 10.14.3. A few issues at play here: the OS is maxed out for the Adobe software that I'm using (CS 6 — don't judge), so I can't upgrade any system software. I have a web project that involves files for six sites, and the current ftp client I'm using – Transmit 4.4.13 – is taking longer than it used to and is missing or skipping data connections that make random files in a batch unable to upload to my servers.

Yes, I know that I need to be dragged into the 21st century and buy new equipment. That is in the works, but I need to upload these files from the old system first.

Recommendations are welcome.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 13, 2023 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 5:12 AM

Using Commander One as the FTP Client.

Go ahead if you haven't tried it, should work smoothly on your macOS 10.14.3 iMac: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/commander-one-file-manager/id1035236694

Give it a try and see if it helps improve your file uploading process. Cause I've tried a bunch of alternatives and all of them seemed to have issues.

Except only Cyberduck might be a good choice, but I initially use Commander One as the File manager, and since it has many different features that all work smoothly, I'm staying with it.

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2024 5:12 AM in response to Martin Krebs

Using Commander One as the FTP Client.

Go ahead if you haven't tried it, should work smoothly on your macOS 10.14.3 iMac: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/commander-one-file-manager/id1035236694

Give it a try and see if it helps improve your file uploading process. Cause I've tried a bunch of alternatives and all of them seemed to have issues.

Except only Cyberduck might be a good choice, but I initially use Commander One as the File manager, and since it has many different features that all work smoothly, I'm staying with it.

May 14, 2023 7:37 AM in response to Martin Krebs

Martin Krebs wrote:

I need recommendations for a reliable ftp client that I can use on my 21.5 inch, late 2012 iMac, running version 10.14.3. A few issues at play here: the OS is maxed out for the Adobe software that I'm using (CS 6 — don't judge), so I can't upgrade any system software. I have a web project that involves files for six sites, and the current ftp client I'm using – Transmit 4.4.13 – is taking longer than it used to and is missing or skipping data connections that make random files in a batch unable to upload to my servers.

Yes, I know that I need to be dragged into the 21st century and buy new equipment. That is in the works, but I need to upload these files from the old system first.

Recommendations are welcome.

I have used Fetch trouble free with every macOS going back to OS X Panther 10.13 - macOS Ventura 13.3.1.a

Reliable FTP client for macOS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.