Legit or fake pop-up?

My iPhone has been behaving erratically and I just received a pop-up after trying to update all my apps in the app store. I clicked continue but I'm wondering if it is legitimate. I've attached a photo.

iPhone XR

Posted on May 13, 2023 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 10:02 AM

It is a feature and you can check at Settings > App Store. You do not have to worry about a fake pop up giving permission to something you do not want. If the App attempts to change a setting, use camera, use microphone, or access your location you will always get the System message asking for your permission. The message you are seeing is just a description of a new feature that started in iOS 16.1/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 10:02 AM in response to iphoneuser8492

It is a feature and you can check at Settings > App Store. You do not have to worry about a fake pop up giving permission to something you do not want. If the App attempts to change a setting, use camera, use microphone, or access your location you will always get the System message asking for your permission. The message you are seeing is just a description of a new feature that started in iOS 16.1/

Legit or fake pop-up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.