Is it really an e-mail from Apple?

When I receive an e-mail from Apple.com, how do I know it’s authentic? (Scammers work in mysterious ways & due diligence is my middle name.)

This question isn’t specific to my phone, but for security.

For instance, I received an e-mail from apple.com and wanted to check the “real address” of the sender.

What I saw seemed a bit odd, because I was doing a password security reset.

What is the address I should have seen for this level of security?

Posted on May 13, 2023 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 8:12 PM

About identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store --> Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If I see an email claiming something from Apple that sound vaguely plausible I find a way to verify what the email says by using links from Apple itself, or checking directly with the service involved. I do not use any link provided in the email.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 8:12 PM in response to Proud2BaNurse

About identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store --> Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If I see an email claiming something from Apple that sound vaguely plausible I find a way to verify what the email says by using links from Apple itself, or checking directly with the service involved. I do not use any link provided in the email.

Is it really an e-mail from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.