Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Silenced message notifications?

If someone silenced their message notifications. If they send a text to me, do I get a notification or will it be silenced? I feel like I don’t get notifications when the other person has it on.

Posted on May 13, 2023 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 8:47 PM

tendai277 Said:

"Silenced message notifications?: If someone silenced their message notifications. If they send a text to me, do I get a notification or will it be silenced? I feel like I don’t get notifications when the other person has it on."

-------

Getting Silenced Messages from Others:

If the recipient have silenced the message notifications, you'll get the notification, yourself, with a sound --unless you have silenced this on your own device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2023 8:47 PM in response to tendai277

tendai277 Said:

"Silenced message notifications?: If someone silenced their message notifications. If they send a text to me, do I get a notification or will it be silenced? I feel like I don’t get notifications when the other person has it on."

-------

Getting Silenced Messages from Others:

If the recipient have silenced the message notifications, you'll get the notification, yourself, with a sound --unless you have silenced this on your own device.

Silenced message notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.