How to export Aperture photos [as edited] to hard drive

I did find an answer, sort of, with a reference to the Aperture 3.6 Manual online but couldn't download the manual or even PDF it == so am asking again [unless you can direct me to the downloadable/printable Manual.

I have my Aplibraries [too many to count] saved on internal and external drives and on my Monterey Mac I have moved onto Lightroom & using Avalanche have translated some of the more recent ones for use in LRC = BUT my pictures go back at least 15-20 years and I'd just like to take them out of the Aplibrary they are in [I tended to do separate libraries per topic]. and either select the ones to 'save' and export those for use by other apps or just export the whole Library so I can review and delete or whatever later == So, what I want to save are the edited images not the Masters = what's the best way of doing that? I still have a Mojave iMac and would like to get it done before I lose that capability.

thanks

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 14, 2023 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 11:32 PM

Yes, you can save the original master files the same way, by exporting, but selecting to export the originals.

I have saved all originals, because my taste how to develop the originals keeps changing. And occasionally I want to start over and adjust an image differently, particularly, when I get a new display with a different color calibration.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2023 11:32 PM in response to Victoria Herring

Yes, you can save the original master files the same way, by exporting, but selecting to export the originals.

I have saved all originals, because my taste how to develop the originals keeps changing. And occasionally I want to start over and adjust an image differently, particularly, when I get a new display with a different color calibration.

May 23, 2023 7:28 AM in response to léonie

Léonie I have a Q where your wisdom might help = I'm having the devil of a time moving from Aperture to LrC - but I'm doing it slow but sure. But as I review all the many Aplibraries I have [I tended to create a separate one per general topic AND then sometimes duplicate them so I have about 1800 to work with = they're not all wonderful, but there are family photos, travel and etc.] - after using Avalanche to convert libraries to LRC format to then import etc I'm rethinking what I am doing and thinking I should use my Mojave iMac [which I saved for just this reason] to go thru my oldest Aplibraries and cull them and maybe just export either the originals or the final versions and deal with them later by importing to LRC -- in other words not mess with Avalanche conversion for things more than a few years old == I have Aplibraries going back to mid 2000s after all. Any thoughts on this change of process? I need to severely cut down on all I am doing and that might be a way to do it.

May 23, 2023 12:57 PM in response to léonie

Thank. you Léonie = my Q was sort of a general one as to just minimizing the ones I convert and for the others [mostly older and not necessarily good but don't want to toss yet [my estate can do that~!] I can just empty out the Aplibraries and save things - either Originals or Versions as you explained above = mainly curious about a good process == I really do have 1800 a-libraries but many dups so hoping to minimize my own involvement and let the computer do the work -- I decided on LRC because of the DAM properties == I really don't need it for editing - almost too powerful.

One thing I did learn this AM was that if I was in Monterey and clicked on an ApLibrary it opened in Photos as a separate library = which might be the way to go IF I knew which picture Photos took in = the latest version? Fine with me, just curious. Again thanks for your usual good help and conversation

May 24, 2023 1:57 AM in response to Victoria Herring

YOu're welcome, Victotria. Lightroom is probably a very good DAM for you. It is a state of the art professional tool, at the leading edge. My problem with the Adobe software is, that I just do not like the graphical user interface. I is just to cluttered with too many items at once and tiny fonts. I would have to use a Desktop mac with a large display to be able to work with these apps, but I prefer to use my MacBook Air or MacBook Pro, where I am not forced to set at a desk.

How to export Aperture photos [as edited] to hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.