iphone 14 battery health dropped after a month

Battery health dropping 

i got my iPhone 14(brand new) in 2023/04/04.In that week i updated my phone to 16.4.1.i always checks my battery health after updates but it shows 100% i checks it every day in 2023/05/03 my battery health dropped from 1% (99%) when i checked my battery cycles it showed 25 thats okay.after a week 2023/05/14(today) its 98% and real cycle count is 28 i don’t know what’s the problem is it from the update or is there a problem in my phone 🥺

• I never use it while it’s charging
  • i always plugs it around 15-20 and charge above the 90
  • i don’t have games in my phone and i don’t have big apps

plz help me guys i wanna know is this a problem from software or a problem from hardware. Is there any one facing with the same problem

iPhone 14

Posted on May 14, 2023 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2024 9:31 AM

I got my iPhone 14 in 25/11/2023 and it was a brand new one. It comes with ios 16 and after week i updated it to ios 17 Ater three weeks I noticed battery health dropped 99%. And also I noticed that it's battery health dropped one after every week. Toady is 17/1/2024 and battery health of my iPhone is 96%.Not even 2 months have passed yet. I am not a heavy user of my iPhone, I chared my iPhone 20%-85% every day at same time and i dont play any games by using this. Please tell me is this is a softwear problem or hardware problem (battery issue). How can i fix this issue? Is this a normal situation?

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2024 9:31 AM in response to y_p_w

I got my iPhone 14 in 25/11/2023 and it was a brand new one. It comes with ios 16 and after week i updated it to ios 17 Ater three weeks I noticed battery health dropped 99%. And also I noticed that it's battery health dropped one after every week. Toady is 17/1/2024 and battery health of my iPhone is 96%.Not even 2 months have passed yet. I am not a heavy user of my iPhone, I chared my iPhone 20%-85% every day at same time and i dont play any games by using this. Please tell me is this is a softwear problem or hardware problem (battery issue). How can i fix this issue? Is this a normal situation?

Apr 2, 2024 3:39 AM in response to samuditha114

Same as me I got the 14 base model around october it comes with ios 16 then later I updated to ios 17, and ever since I updated to ios 17 my battery health keeps dropping when I use fast charging. My phone got really really hot but it keeps charging, no high temperature notif or what so ever. It didn’t pause or stop but it keeps charging and Im losing my mind.(note I use fast charging ever since I got the phone, and every time it got hot it stops or pauses the charge) right now my battery health is 92%

May 14, 2023 10:11 AM in response to tharuka777

I don't see any problem per se. There's no guarantee of how fast it declines. All Apple provides is a one-size fits all nominal rating of 80% after 500 cycles. But some batteries do better than that while others don't, and there are just way too many variables including just random things that the user can't control. Batteries are the weak point in many portable electronics, but they can be replaced for far less than the cost of a new device.

I get that you've probably seen some advice that suggests doing things to improve the overall battery longevity, but a lot of that is impractical or possibly even counter to what might actually improve overall battery longevity. Using it while it's charging (or at least connected to power) is not detrimental for overall battery longevity. It might even be better because it means that the battery generally isn't being used - such as when it stops charging and basically only draws power from the external power source.

My advice is to carry around a reasonably sized USB power pack. It would extend how long an iPhone can be used and can theoretically prevent cycles from being accumulated.

Jan 17, 2024 4:58 PM in response to samuditha114

You may not want to accept what we say.....even though the answers you will receive from this support site will be very consistent.

Please take your phone to an Apple Store or authorized Apple service shop to let them run some checks and tests on the phone.

You can find a list of authorized service shops in your area using this link: Find Locations

Please report on your results when you can.

iphone 14 battery health dropped after a month

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.