Why isn't my new 35W Dual USB-C Magsafe 3 power adapter not working?

My new MacBook Air with M2 chip arrived a month ago.

Since day one, the 35 Dual USB-C with Magsafe 3 doesn't seem to connect to the laptop and charge it.

I've had over a dozen Apple products and nothing has ever arrived defective right off the bat.

I've seen the Support post about dust, resetting SMC, etc. None of that has worked.

I am in the US, and have tried it with all the power outlets I usually used with my old Macbook Air.

Can anyone help, or if you are experiencing similar, can you share?

I live in NYC and so "popping into the Apple store" is a massive headache.

Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on May 14, 2023 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 5:39 PM

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support is all we know.

I also know "If your cable or power adapter still isn’t working, you can bring it and your Mac laptop to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for evaluation" isn't a practicable solution for any NYC Apple Store. Contact Apple using this specific link: contact Apple. They should offer to make a reservation at a time and place convenient for you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2023 5:39 PM in response to saul_t_sachs

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support is all we know.

I also know "If your cable or power adapter still isn’t working, you can bring it and your Mac laptop to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for evaluation" isn't a practicable solution for any NYC Apple Store. Contact Apple using this specific link: contact Apple. They should offer to make a reservation at a time and place convenient for you.

Why isn't my new 35W Dual USB-C Magsafe 3 power adapter not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.