Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Wifi connection issue

Something messed up all my apple devices after the latest update and not connecting to my personal wifi network. Other devices connect fine (firestick, etc..), just not my apple iPhone or iPad. I have already tried restarting devices and router.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on May 14, 2023 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 6:44 PM

ldjsflaejopfseioae Said:

"Wifi connection issue: Something messed up all my apple devices after the latest update and not connecting to my personal wifi network. Other devices connect fine (firestick, etc..), just not my apple iPhone or iPad. I have already tried restarting devices and router."

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

III. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessa
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2023 6:44 PM in response to ldjsflaejopfseioae

ldjsflaejopfseioae Said:

"Wifi connection issue: Something messed up all my apple devices after the latest update and not connecting to my personal wifi network. Other devices connect fine (firestick, etc..), just not my apple iPhone or iPad. I have already tried restarting devices and router."

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

III. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessa

May 14, 2023 6:57 PM in response to ldjsflaejopfseioae

ldjsflaejopfseioae Said:

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting iPad WiFi not Working:

Your iPad has iOS9 --and it probably cannot detect WiFi 6 (if that is what you router is using). Try the Following in the the Order Provided:

A. Delete a VPN:

VPN is a common a culprit. So, disconnect from it, unless required for work, school, and such.

B. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

C. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Wifi is disconnecting, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

D. Report this to Apple:

Did you just update your device?

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing the update when the issue began
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Wifi connection issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.