Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

I don't have the new emojis after installing the latest update

Why don't I have the newest emojis after installing 16.4.1 (a)? I've searched for them by name in the emojis search bar as well as looked for them in their categories. I've turned my phone off, then on, twice. Help!

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 14, 2023 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 1:21 PM

I have 16.6 update but no new emojis. How can I find them

18 replies

May 14, 2023 7:15 PM in response to DT334

Here are a couple thing to try:

It takes a bit to get the sequence right and make sure you hold the side button in the last step until the Apple Logo appears.

• Delete Emoji Keyboard and add it back. To do this go to Settings > General > Keyboard. Tap Edit in the upper right and delete the Emoji Keyboard. Then choose Done and Add New Keyboard. You should be able to select the Emoji keyboard to add it back in.

May 14, 2023 8:12 PM in response to Mac Jim ID

I figured it out thanks to your suggestions! I did the second one, but I still couldn't find them, but I was looking at the emojis through clicking on the emojis icon in swift key. After I had deleted and replaced the emoji keyboard, the new ones weren't showing up in the SwiftKey keyboard, but when I click directly into the emoji keyboard, I found them! Thanks so much

DT

Mar 12, 2024 1:10 PM in response to DT334

Although there are no emoji options on my new iphone SE in the Contacts list, I can add them indirectly. I have to go to my iCloud contacts on my iMac, and create the contact there, add the emoji and style there. Then when I go back to the phone the contact for the new addition will be there. It's ridiculous and convoluted, and I hope Apple fixes the problem, but at least I do get what I need if I think it's worth the extra effort.

I don't have the new emojis after installing the latest update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.