Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Wallet App “Card already in Wallet” but cannot use

I am going on a trip to Japan in a few days, and am trying to add funds to the Suica transit card in my wallet app.

Whenever I try to add funds, it tells me to “Add Payment Method” or “Cancel”.

But shouldn’t it prompt me to pay with my card that is already in my wallet?

Whenever I try to add it, it simply says the card is already in my wallet, which it is, but why won’t it let me use it?

I have even tried to remove the card and then add it back after clicking “Add Payment Method” and it still does not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Posted on May 15, 2023 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2023 2:32 AM

How to add a new Suica or PASMO card on your iPhone or Apple Watch · To add a card: · Tap Transit Card. · Choose the card that you want to add.

Add a Suica or PASMO card to Apple Wallet

Open the Wallet app. Select your Suica card. Tap the More button , then tap Card Details the card details icon . Turn on Service Mode.

Use Suica or PASMO cards on iPhone or Apple Watch in ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2023 2:32 AM in response to xandes

How to add a new Suica or PASMO card on your iPhone or Apple Watch · To add a card: · Tap Transit Card. · Choose the card that you want to add.

Add a Suica or PASMO card to Apple Wallet

Open the Wallet app. Select your Suica card. Tap the More button , then tap Card Details the card details icon . Turn on Service Mode.

Use Suica or PASMO cards on iPhone or Apple Watch in ...

Wallet App “Card already in Wallet” but cannot use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.