Songs not playing all the way trough in iMovie

When I drag a song into the timeline it looks like it's all there until I drop it in place.Then the length of the song is green but only a few seconds of the song will play most of the time in the middle. This happens to every song I have tried. Is iMovie kicking out copyright parts of the songs or is there something I do not have correct in settings?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 15, 2023 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2023 6:02 PM

Try rebooting your Mac.

If still no luck, try deleting/resetting preferences and see if that cures it. To delete/reset preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new empty library. If Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Also you can try creating a new project and see if the song plays fully there.

— Rich

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2023 6:02 PM in response to Jfrey45

Try rebooting your Mac.

If still no luck, try deleting/resetting preferences and see if that cures it. To delete/reset preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new empty library. If Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Also you can try creating a new project and see if the song plays fully there.

— Rich

Songs not playing all the way trough in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.