Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Camera out of focus on iphone 13 pro

I cannot get my camera to focus far away. It works on close objects and it works on 0.5x but will not focus on anything far away on 1x. I have tried restarting my phone, disabling lens correction and macro and none of this has fixed the issues. What is going on?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 15, 2023 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 4:33 AM

Adjust the camera’s focus and exposure

Before you take a photo, the iPhone camera automatically sets the focus and exposure, and face detection balances the exposure across many faces. If you want to manually adjust the focus and exposure, do the following:

1. Tap the screen to show the automatic focus area and exposure setting.
  2. Tap where you want to move the focus area.
  3. Next to the focus area, drag  up or down to adjust the exposure.
  4. To lock your manual focus and exposure settings for upcoming shots, touch and hold the focus area until you see AE/AF Lock; tap the screen to unlock settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 4:33 AM in response to brianna1345

Adjust the camera’s focus and exposure

Before you take a photo, the iPhone camera automatically sets the focus and exposure, and face detection balances the exposure across many faces. If you want to manually adjust the focus and exposure, do the following:

1. Tap the screen to show the automatic focus area and exposure setting.
  2. Tap where you want to move the focus area.
  3. Next to the focus area, drag  up or down to adjust the exposure.
  4. To lock your manual focus and exposure settings for upcoming shots, touch and hold the focus area until you see AE/AF Lock; tap the screen to unlock settings.

Camera out of focus on iphone 13 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.