iPhone 11 battery replacement

My iPhone 11 is at 87% battery health. When should the battery be replaced?

iPhone 11

Posted on May 15, 2023 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2023 8:51 PM

Yes, my previous post is kind of indefinite but Apple itself does not make this clear and give a precise % (read the article). In general the common lore says if it is 80% or less, get it replaced. Some also say Apple won't do it if it isn't 80% or less, or at least will certainly not do it under warranty. What I included earlier was based on what Apple actually says about what it considers to be "normal".

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2023 8:51 PM in response to Limnos

Yes, my previous post is kind of indefinite but Apple itself does not make this clear and give a precise % (read the article). In general the common lore says if it is 80% or less, get it replaced. Some also say Apple won't do it if it isn't 80% or less, or at least will certainly not do it under warranty. What I included earlier was based on what Apple actually says about what it considers to be "normal".

May 15, 2023 8:48 PM in response to DeltaUA

Go to this web site for information about how to request battery service for your iPhone: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

For cost and availability, enter your model information in the "Get an estimate" box at the bottom. (I will let you do this since the answer will depend upon the country where you are located.)

Is it really time to change your battery? See this excerpt from the "Your battery's maximum capacity" section of the support article: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

"A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge." In other words, if it is below 80% maximum capacity, it is below normal performance. You can still use it but you may wish to consider having it changed.

iPhone 11 battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.