I have a 2011 Macbook Pro running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6. I can't seem to be able to update this system. Any suggestions?

I have a 2011 Macbook Pro running MacOS High Siera 10.13.6. I can't seem to be able to update this system. Any suggestions?

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on May 15, 2023 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 2:14 PM

Oh, no!

You will be FORCED to rely on the excellent built-in anti-Virus Apple already provided you, for free!

Protecting against malware in macOS - Apple Support

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

5 replies

May 15, 2023 11:25 PM in response to rosefromlindfield

rosefromlindfield Said:

"I have a 2011 Macbook Pro running MacOS High Siera 10.13.6. I can't seem to be able to update this system. Any suggestions?"

-------

Updating a 2011 Mac Pro Past macOS10.13.6:

You Can't. What you are looking to perform is not an option. This is because your Mac model does not have the hardware requirement to got past High Sierra. So, consider upgrading to a much more recent Mac, if an option to you.

Compare these Two Links:

May 15, 2023 11:26 PM in response to rosefromlindfield

rosefromlindfield Said:

"I have a 2011 Macbook Pro running MacOS High Siera 10.13.6. I can't seem to be able to update this system. Any suggestions?"

-------

For reference...

About Updating a Mac:

Looking to upgrade to macOS Monterey?

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

II. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

III. If Compatible:

I have a 2011 Macbook Pro running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6. I can't seem to be able to update this system. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.