Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Why iPhone gets overheated while wireless charging

I have i12 and i14 and both get overheated while wireless charging with both Apple Original chargers. Failed to know what could be the reason behind it

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 16, 2023 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 6:24 PM

I tried charging without case and there was no difference. The massage display on screen was due to overheating charging has stopped. I believe this product is put in market without proper quality control to attract costumers. How could Apple compromise on product performance I really failed to understand.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 6:24 PM in response to edclange

I tried charging without case and there was no difference. The massage display on screen was due to overheating charging has stopped. I believe this product is put in market without proper quality control to attract costumers. How could Apple compromise on product performance I really failed to understand.

May 16, 2023 7:11 PM in response to pubhi96

You didn’t mention the overheat message before. That changes things.

You need to determine why your iPhone is overheating. The usual reason is an app that is consuming too much power. Go to Settings -> Battery and look at the Activity graph. It may show that your iPhone has constant high activity. The Battery Usage by App list will show which apps are consuming the most CPU or battery resources.

If your iPhone has detected a problem with your battery, that same screen will tell you about it.

Note that you are not talking to Apple in these forums. Commenting on your perception of product quality will get you nowhere, and will cause knowledgeable people to skip over your post rather than providing valuable feedback.

Why iPhone gets overheated while wireless charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.