Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Creating a continuous mix in Garageband

Hello everyone!

I've just started using GarageBand and I've learned how to fade in and out to mix songs together. GarageBand then creates one song that I can import into Music. Lovely. Is there a way to keep each section named as each song?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 16, 2023 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 12:10 AM

In GarageBand you can use Arrangement Markers to name each section of your mac like the song you are using, when you create the mix.

See: Add arrangement markers in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

But these markers will not be available in the bounced, saved song, when you play it. It used to be possible to save a song as a podcast with section titles for each part in the older iLife versions GarageBand '11, but this is no longer supported in the more recent GarageBand 10 versions.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2023 12:10 AM in response to ianhb71

In GarageBand you can use Arrangement Markers to name each section of your mac like the song you are using, when you create the mix.

See: Add arrangement markers in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

But these markers will not be available in the bounced, saved song, when you play it. It used to be possible to save a song as a podcast with section titles for each part in the older iLife versions GarageBand '11, but this is no longer supported in the more recent GarageBand 10 versions.

Creating a continuous mix in Garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.