Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

How do I change my Apple ID

The Apple ID that I used was an old Email that I no longer have. I have a new Email and Password that I use but my iPhone 12 still shows my old Apple ID (old Email). When I try to download from Apple Store it shows my Apple ID (old Email) and I can't download. I need to update to new Apple ID (my present Email)

iPhone 12

Posted on May 16, 2023 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 7:47 PM

Here's how you change the email address you use for your Apple ID:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

From what you say I am getting the impression you did not do it that way but instead created a brand new Apple account. All items downloaded with the old account are permanently tied to it. You will either need to revert to the old account (but you will not be able to use the email address you used for this new account), or delete the apps and download them with the new account, or set up Family Sharing with the old account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 7:47 PM in response to GDAPPLECOMMUNITY

Here's how you change the email address you use for your Apple ID:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

From what you say I am getting the impression you did not do it that way but instead created a brand new Apple account. All items downloaded with the old account are permanently tied to it. You will either need to revert to the old account (but you will not be able to use the email address you used for this new account), or delete the apps and download them with the new account, or set up Family Sharing with the old account.

May 16, 2023 8:08 PM in response to GDAPPLECOMMUNITY

GDAPPLECOMMUNITY Said:

"How do I change my Apple ID: The Apple ID that I used was an old Email that I no longer have. I have a new Email and Password that I use but my iPhone 12 still shows my old Apple ID (old Email). When I try to download from Apple Store it shows my Apple ID (old Email) and I can't download. I need to update to new Apple ID (my present Email)"

-------

Changing the eMail Address:

Contact Apple Support.

Have Apple Support change it to what it should be. Ask them why these accounts still show up. If need be, perform a screensharing session with them, so they can see this firsthand, from your perspective. Apple Support is the only official way to get this to stop switching.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

IMPORTANT: Perform a Trail & Error login session, prior to ending the call.

How do I change my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.