I upgrade to Ventura 13 and now my printer, canon MG2120 won

I upgraded to Ventura 13 and I can't get my Canon MG2120 printer to work with it.

Mac mini, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 16, 2023 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 8:49 PM

I have a Canon 8120 printer/scanner and it dates from 2011. Like yours, Canon's web site says it is retired and no longer supported.

Mine has drivers that date from Mac OS Sierra; yours at least has drivers that date from Mac OS High Sierra.

What I did with mine is:

Go to Settings and Printers and Scanners. Remove the Printer/Scanner from the list. Then restart and download and reinstall all the drivers for your unit, I believe they are there under High Sierra, but past High Sierra they are not shown. I installed all the print and scan drivers for mine, even thought Canon says they are only for up through Sierra. I can print fine, and al the options are available. Scanning works fine using Image Capture. Hopefully yours will work similarly as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 8:49 PM in response to golfcyap715

I have a Canon 8120 printer/scanner and it dates from 2011. Like yours, Canon's web site says it is retired and no longer supported.

Mine has drivers that date from Mac OS Sierra; yours at least has drivers that date from Mac OS High Sierra.

What I did with mine is:

Go to Settings and Printers and Scanners. Remove the Printer/Scanner from the list. Then restart and download and reinstall all the drivers for your unit, I believe they are there under High Sierra, but past High Sierra they are not shown. I installed all the print and scan drivers for mine, even thought Canon says they are only for up through Sierra. I can print fine, and al the options are available. Scanning works fine using Image Capture. Hopefully yours will work similarly as well.

I upgrade to Ventura 13 and now my printer, canon MG2120 won

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.