Received a message in gray block saying a new device has been added for use of messages and etc.. I didn’t add anything.. what to do?

Received a gray block message stating a new device has been added to my account.. without me doing it…

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 16, 2023 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 2:54 AM

It’s always wise to question unexpected sign-in alerts. Fortunately, it is very easy to verify where you are signed-in using your AppleID - and to verify which devices are signed-in with your AppleID:

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

If you see something that you don’t recognise, it can be simply deleted from your account.

Having checked, if you remain concerned, you should take appropriate action to secure your AppleID account:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2023 2:54 AM in response to TN1776SateofFranklin

It’s always wise to question unexpected sign-in alerts. Fortunately, it is very easy to verify where you are signed-in using your AppleID - and to verify which devices are signed-in with your AppleID:

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

If you see something that you don’t recognise, it can be simply deleted from your account.

Having checked, if you remain concerned, you should take appropriate action to secure your AppleID account:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Received a message in gray block saying a new device has been added for use of messages and etc.. I didn’t add anything.. what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.