Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Phone won’t connect to wifi unless next to router

For about 6 months now my iPhone X hasn’t been connecting to WiFi networks unless I am next to the router, if I move farther than 5m away from the router my phone loses connection. I know that it is not a problem with the router as I’ve moved locations multiple times and it is always the same thing. I’ve thought that it may be a problem inside the phone as it was dropped by a friend shortly before the problem arose. Looking for advice on what to do as it has rendered my phone somewhat useless…

iPhone X

Posted on May 17, 2023 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 3:03 AM

We, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

But yes, antenna could have been damaged by the drop. Check also your iPhone battery health (antanna needs good power to work properly).

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2023 3:03 AM in response to isobell20

We, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

But yes, antenna could have been damaged by the drop. Check also your iPhone battery health (antanna needs good power to work properly).

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Phone won’t connect to wifi unless next to router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.