Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

I can’t transfer from bank to Apple pay

Why can’t I add money to my Apple Pay from my bank account.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, 16

Posted on May 17, 2023 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 8:57 AM

Apple Pay is not an account, it does not hold any money, therefore you cannot add money directly to it. It uses your credit or debit cards to make payments in stores and online.

You can add money to Apple Cash different from Apple Pay.

If you cannot add money to Apple Cash, then explain what happens when you try to. Do you get an error? If so, what does it say?

Apple Cash is only supported in the U.S. at this time. click here ➜ Set up Apple Cash - Apple Support

You can add debit and credit cards to the Wallet App for use with Apple Pay if you are in a country where Apple :pay is supported.

click here ➜ Set up Apple Pay - Apple Support

Make sure your iPhone is set to a country where Apple Pay is supported in Settings ➜ General ➜ Language & Region ➜ Region.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2023 8:57 AM in response to Landabrenda26

Apple Pay is not an account, it does not hold any money, therefore you cannot add money directly to it. It uses your credit or debit cards to make payments in stores and online.

You can add money to Apple Cash different from Apple Pay.

If you cannot add money to Apple Cash, then explain what happens when you try to. Do you get an error? If so, what does it say?

Apple Cash is only supported in the U.S. at this time. click here ➜ Set up Apple Cash - Apple Support

You can add debit and credit cards to the Wallet App for use with Apple Pay if you are in a country where Apple :pay is supported.

click here ➜ Set up Apple Pay - Apple Support

Make sure your iPhone is set to a country where Apple Pay is supported in Settings ➜ General ➜ Language & Region ➜ Region.

I can’t transfer from bank to Apple pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.