not able to use facetime in my iphone 14 pro

Not able to use FaceTime and iMessage on my new iphone 14 pro

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 17, 2023 9:16 AM

8 replies

May 17, 2023 7:48 PM in response to Hannanpara

I think at this point you will need to get Apple involved. They will be able to verify if there is a problem with your Apple ID or may have more information on the reason why your device is not activating iMessage/FaceTime that I am unable to see. You have done everything correctly, and the solution seems to be out of our control. You can check to see if your device is linked to your Apple ID by going here and selecting Devices after you sign in.

https://appleid.apple.com

(if you are unable to access the website, that would be the problem. I do see you are connected to WiFi, but it is possible to be connected to WiFi and still not have internet connectivity.)

Here is the link directly to Apple where you can call or download the Apple Support app.

https://support.apple.com/contact

Sorry I was unable to resolve your problem, but please update when you get it resolved.

May 17, 2023 9:42 AM in response to Hannanpara

At Settings > Messages, scroll down and make sure Send as SMS is turned on.

You did say you refreshed both apps, but not sure if you followed this procedure:

• Go to Settings > Messages and shut off iMessage
  • Go to Settings > FaceTime and shut off Facetime
  • Restart phone
  • Turn both iMessage and FaceTime back on.

With iMessage turned on in the Settings, are you able to tap "Send & Receive" below the iMessage switch to select your phone number and/or Apple ID?

Another thing that will cause problems is if your Date & Time is incorrect. Check at Settings > General > Date & Time.

May 17, 2023 9:50 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

I have already tried this also

{At Settings > Messages, scroll down and make sure Send as SMS is turned on.

You did say you refreshed both apps, but not sure if you followed this procedure:

• Go to Settings > Messages and shut off iMessage
  • Go to Settings > FaceTime and shut of Facetime
  • Restart phone
  • Turn both iMessage and FaceTime back on.

With iMessage turned on in the Settings, are you able to tap "Send & Receive" below the iMessage switch to select your phone number and/or Apple ID?

Another thing that will cause problems is if your Date & Time is incorrect. Check at Settings > General > Date & Time.}

but it is still showing activation unsuccessfully

May 17, 2023 10:17 AM in response to Hannanpara

Were you able to tap Send & Receive below the iMessage switch?

While you have done everything that usually causes the Activation Unsuccessful problem, you may also try:

• Sign out of your Apple ID, restart, and sign back in. Go to Settings > (your name on top) > Scroll down and tap Sign out.
  • Reset Network Settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset Device > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will erase your WiFi password and you will have to use it to sign back into your Wifi network.

I also checked the Apple System Status page to see if there was an outage preventing activation, but all servers showed no problems.

not able to use facetime in my iphone 14 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.