incoming client emails sending to junk lately

I have run into a problem the past couple months where all of a sudden Mail decides my clients emails are junk. My work email is pretty clean, no spam in my inbox because it has done a good job of filtering, so I don't understand why it's throwing emails that I've gotten from the same senders for years into the Junk folder. I finally had to create a Rule to move it back to the inbox from certain emails. This is not good for business when good emails are mixed in with spam. Running BigSur. 11.7.6. I don't think my machine will upgrade to the next OS.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on May 17, 2023 10:11 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 11, 2023 5:48 AM in response to ku4hx

That doesn’t work with an iCloud email account since emails are placed in Junk on the server before they get to one’s mail.app!

iCloud has just put a response to an outgoing iCloud email of mine into the iCloud Junk folder on the server so I haven’t seen it in my mail.app Inbox despite the Junk Settings being set to “Mark as junk Mail, but leave in my Inbox”!

iCloud even puts emails from Postmaster@icloud.com into iCloud Junk folder so I don’t know that my emails have not been delivered!

The iCloud Junk filtering algorithm is very suspect.

incoming client emails sending to junk lately

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.