Pinterest button on my MacBook Air, Ventura, 13.2.

How do I get the pendant button on my Safari browser?

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 17, 2023 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2023 10:30 AM

I've copied the 'Pin it' bookmark from my old iMac and it appears to work OK on Safari on Ventura.

Just add a new bookmark for any page in Safari, then select the following text and press Command C to copy it:

javascript:void((function(d)%7Bvar%20e=d.createElement('script');e.setAttribute('type','text/javascript');e.setAttribute('charset','UTF-8');e.setAttribute('src','//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinmarklet.js?r='+Math.random()*99999999);d.body.appendChild(e)%7D)(document));

Now go to the 'Bookmarks' menu and select 'Edit bookmarks'. Find the bookmark that you just created, click on it once, then wait a second or so and click again on the address so that it highlights it and press Command V to paste in the text above. Then click on the name of the bookmark and change it to 'Pin it'. I suggest moving the bookmark to the top of your favourites list so that it appears at the top of your browser window (if you've got the favourites bar showing). Now you should be able to click on that Pin It bookmark from any page and it should show all possible images that can be saved to Pinterest.

Alternatively, you can use Chrome instead of Safari and then you can add the Pinterest extension easily from here:

https://help.pinterest.com/en/article/save-pins-with-the-pinterest-browser-button

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2023 10:30 AM in response to adnileflow

I've copied the 'Pin it' bookmark from my old iMac and it appears to work OK on Safari on Ventura.

Just add a new bookmark for any page in Safari, then select the following text and press Command C to copy it:

javascript:void((function(d)%7Bvar%20e=d.createElement('script');e.setAttribute('type','text/javascript');e.setAttribute('charset','UTF-8');e.setAttribute('src','//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinmarklet.js?r='+Math.random()*99999999);d.body.appendChild(e)%7D)(document));

Now go to the 'Bookmarks' menu and select 'Edit bookmarks'. Find the bookmark that you just created, click on it once, then wait a second or so and click again on the address so that it highlights it and press Command V to paste in the text above. Then click on the name of the bookmark and change it to 'Pin it'. I suggest moving the bookmark to the top of your favourites list so that it appears at the top of your browser window (if you've got the favourites bar showing). Now you should be able to click on that Pin It bookmark from any page and it should show all possible images that can be saved to Pinterest.

Alternatively, you can use Chrome instead of Safari and then you can add the Pinterest extension easily from here:

https://help.pinterest.com/en/article/save-pins-with-the-pinterest-browser-button

May 30, 2023 7:45 AM in response to adnileflow

Hi adnileflow,

From what you're describing, it sounds like you may be trying to add an extension for Pinterest to Safari. You can find steps for doing so here: Use Safari extensions on your Mac - Apple Support

However, we also found that Pinterest no longer supports Safari. You can only add it to the browsers listed here on an iPhone as shown on this Pinterest site: Add the Pinterest Save Extension | Pinterest Help

We hope that helps.

Take care.

Pinterest button on my MacBook Air, Ventura, 13.2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.